First off, thanks to those of you who still drop by this blog after a little hiatus -- I really appreciated your little "hellos" and "welcome backs" and missed you ladies! So, one little tweak to this blog, at least for now, is that I am really planning to focus on this whole "living colorfully" resolution for 2012. Writing about the goal, and posting inspirational words, images, and so forth, seems like the first and best way to embark on this fun, bright and vivid journey.
To get the wheels turning, here are a few thoughts that I have for really infusing color (figuratively and literally) into my life in the upcoming months. I'd love to hear your suggestions for even more!
1. Decorate my apartment in fun, colorful ways -- Since moving to Pittsburgh, I haven't had much time to really make my space my own, so focusing on special crafty projects will help to have me wake up to a colorful life on a daily basis.
2. Smile as often as possible -- I'm already a smiley lady, but really focusing on this bright, happy facial expression certainly can't hurt.
3. Infuse color into my meals -- Nothing says happiness quite like a vibrant, lovely salad, or sipping a beverage from a fun, rainbow glass, no?
4. Go on local, colorful adventures -- Exploring a new city has been super-fun so far, but I want to amp it up by looking for quirky, random things to do, to really show Pittsburgh's true colors.
5. Try to meet new, interesting people -- A colorful life means never turning down an invitation to a party or conversing with a new, friendly person, since you never know what those little moments can bring.
6. Plain and simple, wear bright colors -- Because homegirl has been rocking black leggings for waaay too long, and that needs to be changed.
(image via here)