Thursday, March 28, 2013

Peeks at the Mill City Museum


I recently visited the Mill City Museum in downtown Minneapolis, and it was such a surprisingly lovely experience that I thought I'd share a few peeks with you.  The museum is located in the space once occupied by one of the world's largest flour mills, and it nicely depicts the mill industry and general Minneapolis history.  


A really cool element was this giant elevator ride which illustrated the rise and fall of the milling industry in a really engaging and fascinating way.  The literal movement of it really made me feel immersed in the lesson.


Also quite cool was the depiction of the evolution of Betty Crocker.  I kind of like that her image really seems to track the hair, makeup, and fashion trends of a given time period.


And how cute is this Pillsbury Doughboy cookie jar?  I could practically hear his silly giggle (and sort of love how this photo has two random Pillsbury Doughboys creeping in the background).  All in all, it was a delightful Sunday afternoon activity.  If you're ever in Minneapolis, stopping by the Mill City Museum is totally worth it!




6 comments:

  1. what a cool space!
    I love checking out new museums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun place! I love going to museums! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The evolution of Betty Crocker is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the evolution of betty crocker is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute little cookie jar! What an interesting story.

    Emma
    http;//emmavogelsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fun museum! We have some friends in the Twin Cities and visit every so often. We'll have to add this to our to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!