Monday, March 25, 2013

Teenaged Dreams


This weekend, a girlfriend came to town for a visit and we explored a few of Minnesota's touristy treats.  Of course, this meant that we made a big ol' stop at the Mall of America, where we happened upon a DEB Shop (side note: I completely thought this shop closed down in the late 90s, when the one in my hometown mall disappeared and was replaced by an Old Navy).  Back when I was 12 years old, I used to wistfully look at the prom gowns in DEB shop and daydream about going to prom as a high schooler.  By the time I was actually prom-going age, I was more interested in the "classier" prom offerings of department stores.  

So, it made complete sense for two 27-year-old women to nostalgically try on prom gowns in good ol' DEB shop. I was particularly fond of the bejeweled numbers, while she went for a few dresses in a solid mermaid cut.  It was such a silly delight!  How do you like to re-live your younger years?

11 comments:

  1. OMG. Total flashback. Would be a total trip to do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like so much fun!! i'm sure y'all had all sorts of giggles together!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Mall of America, but it's onmy bucket list!!! Looks like a successful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so funny!! i'd totally do that again too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I would TOTALLY do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this sounds like something I would do! I think I would wear a more vintage one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so fun! My friend and I had a super girly weekend. We put on fake stick-on nails and ate a lot of cake. I felt like a teenager again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. DEB?! How crazy! For me it's episodes of the OC and gossip...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! I didn't realize DEB was still around either!

    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally thought DEB had closed down too! What a fun idea to try on prom dresses now- my style would be so different than back in the '90s when I went :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, yes love this! I need to go and try on Prom dresses again! I never really got into the hype when I was actually in high school and now I wish I put more effort into choosing my dress ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!